When updating the DSP firmware in the PSR-800, please follow this proceedure to avoid having the process erase the CPU firmware:
- Turn the scanner off. The scanner must remain off throughout the update process
- Connect the scanner to your computer using the supplied USB cable. Do not press any keys on the scanner while connecting to the computer.
- In the PC Application, select the Check for DSP Firmware Updates option from the Updates Menu
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- If updates are available, click on the Update My Scanner button to download and install the DSP firmware update to your scanner.
Note: Do not press the MENU key when connecting your scanner to the computer. This will place the scanner into CPU Firmware update mode and will likely result in the CPU firmware being erased from the scanner. If this does happen, performing a CPU firmware update from the PC Application will correct this issue.